Since December of 1954, Bayou Federal Credit Union has assisted members in “Discovering the Difference” – the Credit Union Difference. We are a cooperative financial institution, owned and controlled by the people who use our services – our members.
As a full-service financial cooperative, Bayou FCU offers members a complete line of financial products from investments to lending, as well as 24-hour service and online conveniences. As a not-for-profit financial institution, we exist to provide a safe, convenient place for members to save money and to obtain loans at reasonable rates. Our principle of “Members Helping Members” epitomizes the same philosophy that credit unions have held true to since 1935 when credit unions helped Americans through the Great Depression – not for profit, not for charity, but for service.
Whether it’s providing a loan to help a member cover unexpected medical bills, giving financial counseling to a member whose company closed its doors, or simply offering a better deal on a used car loan, Bayou FCU makes a difference for more than 10,000 members and the communities we serve.
With Bayou Federal membership, you'll see just how different your life can become. Join us...and Discover the Difference today!
Bayou Federal Credit Union membership is open to any person who is an employee of one of our Select Employee Groups, their immediate family members, and other household members. Those who live, work, worship, or attend school in the City of Baton Rouge are also eligible. Most people who live, work, worship, or attend school in Lafayette are eligible too, as approximately half of Lafayette Parish is within our field of Membership.
To find out if you're eligible for Bayou Federal Membership, contact your payroll department to see if your employer is included in our field of membership, or simply contact us to evaluate your eligibility.
To join, simply complete a Membership Application and open a Share (Savings) Account with Bayou Federal Credit Union. Every member must have and maintain a Savings Account, as it is the foundation of your membership.
On this web site, there is a Membership Application Request Form to help you get started with Bayou Federal. You will still have to open a Share (Savings) Account with an opening deposit and complete a full Membership Application. This is best done in person at one of our branches, but can also be done by mail. Complete a Membership Application Request Form online.
Select Employee Groups
Over the years, we have grown to include over 300 diverse employee groups, and serve over 10,000 members across the country. These employers play a vital role in helping their employees to make the most of their hard-earned money. Contact us to find out if your employer is in our Field of Membership, so you can join and take advantage of Payroll Deduction and other benefits.
Did you know that once you become a member of Bayou Federal, your immediate family members can also join with the same benefits of credit union membership --friendly service, competitive savings rates, lower loan rates and limited or no fees? Immediate family members are the primary members’ spouse, children, parents, brother, sister, stepparent, stepchild, grandchild, or grandparent. Other individuals who are unrelated but live in the same household as Members also qualify. Share the difference - and allow your family to experience the value of Bayou FCU membership!
Once a Member . . . Always a Member
Whether you change employers, retire, or move, you can still retain your credit union membership. As long as you are a Bayou FCU member/owner in good standing, you may remain a member with full member rights and privileges for life.
We offer a variety of members-only financial services that can help your money go a little further, and make your life a little easier:
- Save your lunch hour with Direct Deposit. Have your paycheck automatically deposited each payday to your Share Draft (Checking) account. It’s fast, convenient, and reliable. Visit your payroll department to complete the necessary paperwork letting them know that you wish to direct deposit your paycheck to your Bayou FCU account. Be sure to take along our routing number - 265473388 which is necessary to submit on your form.
- Payroll Deduction is a powerful tool that allows you to save each payday with funds withheld directly from your paycheck and sent to the credit union. With Payroll Deduction, you can build your savings and pay back credit union loans with ease and convenience!
- Our Overdraft Protection Program can provide you with Peace of Mind. Avoid embarrassment when a check, ATM withdrawal or automatic payment overdraws your account. We will transfer funds from other available accounts to cover your checks and, depending on certain criteria, we will pay items that would otherwise be returned.
Other services offered include:
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Paying
- Personal Teller 24-hour Account-by-Phone Access
- Nationwide Co-Op Shared Branches
- ATMs and Network ATM Access Nationwide
- Night Depository at full service branches
- VISA Gift Cards
- Money Orders
- Wire transfers
- Credit Life and Disability Insurance
- GAP Insurance
- Extended Warranties
- Free AD&D Insurance up to $1,000 and more!