Since December of 1954, Bayou FCU has assisted members in
“Discovering the Difference” –
the Credit Union Difference. As a full-service financial cooperative,
Bayou FCU offers members a complete line of financial products
from investments to lending, as well as 24-hour service and
online conveniences. We are a cooperative financial institution,
owned and controlled by the people who use our services –
As a not-for-profit financial institution, we exist to provide
a safe, convenient place for members to save money and to
get loans at reasonable rates. Our principle of Members
Helping Members epitomizes the same philosophy that credit
unions have held true to since 1935 when credit unions helped
Americans through the Great Depression – not for
profit, not for charity, but for service.
Whether it’s providing a loan to help a member cover
unexpected medical bills, giving financial counseling to a
member whose company closed its doors, or simply offering
a better deal on a used car loan, Bayou FCU makes a difference
for our members and the communities we serve.
With Bayou Federal membership, you'll see just how different
your life can become. Join us...and Discover the Difference
Bayou Federal Credit Union membership is open to any person
who is an employee of one of our Select Employee Groups, their
immediate family members, and other household members.
Sign up today, using the membership application on this site!
To find out if you're eligible for BFCU Membership, review
our list of Select Employee Groups, contact your payroll department
to see if your employer is included in our field of membership,
or simply contact the Credit Union to evaluate your eligibility.
Once a Member . . . Always a Member
Whether you change employers or retire, if you are a Bayou
FCU member/owner in good standing, you may retain membership
with full member rights and privileges for life.
Did you know that once you become a member of Bayou Federal,
your immediate family members can also join with the same
benefits of credit union membership --friendly service, competitive
savings rates, lower loan rates and limited or no fees? Immediate
family members are the primary members’ spouse, children,
parents, brother, sister, stepparent, stepchild, grandchild,
or grandparent. Other individuals who are unrelated but live
in the same household as Members also qualify..
Share the difference - and allow your family to experience
the value of Bayou FCU membership!
Over the years, we have grown to include over 300 diverse employee groups, and serve over 10,000 members across the country. Our groups all share something in common, such as where they work or live. Contact us to find out if your employer is in our Field of Membership.
We offer a variety of financial services that will help your money go a little further, and make your life a little easier, such as Direct Deposit and Payroll Deduction. We continue to add and improve services, so be sure to consult our quarterly newsletter and your monthly statement for important announcements.
- Save your lunch hour with Direct Deposit. Have your paycheck automatically deposited each payday to your Share Draft (Checking) account. It’s fast, convenient, and reliable. Visit your payroll department to complete the necessary paperwork letting them know that you wish to direct deposit your paycheck to your Bayou FCU account. Next, be sure to take along our routing number - 265473388 which is necessary to submit on your form.
- Payroll Deduction is a powerful tool that allows you to save each payday with funds withheld directly from your pay check and sent to the credit union. With Payroll Deduction, you can build your savings and pay back credit union loans, and best of all its easy and convenient!
- Our Overdraft Protection Program provides you with Peace of Mind. Avoid embarrassment when a check, ATM withdrawal or automatic payment overdraws your account. We will transfer funds from other available accounts to cover your checks and, depending on certain criteria, we will pay items that would otherwise be returned.
Other services offered include:
- Free Online Banking
- Free Online Bill Paying
- Night Depository at full service branches
- Personal Teller 24-hour Account-by-Phone Access
- Nationwide Co-Op Shared Branches
- VISA Gift Cards
- Money Orders
- Wire transfers
- Credit Life and Disability Insurance
- GAP Insurance
- Extended Warranties
- Free AD&D Insurance up to $1,000
- Periodic Payments
- Quarterly Newsletters